3 things to know about the Obama phone
Head and neck cancer can cause a lot of pain and discomfort leading to a partial or complete disruption in the normal routine of the affected person. Most types of head neck cancer can be cured if detected early.
Although there are many head neck treatment options, the common motive of all is not just to remove the tumor or cancerous cells but also to preserve the functioning of the nearby nerves, tissues or organs. A doctor also has to consider how a treatment would affect the overall quality of life of the person. In this regard, natural treatments are considered quite effective in alleviating the symptoms and side effects of head neck cancer. However, the stage of cancer and the extent to which it has spread will determine if any natural treatment of head neck cancer is an appropriate option to consider.
Natural treatment for head neck cancer
Natural treatment of head neck cancer is an approach to treat this type of cancer using natural methods and therapies. These natural methods and therapies are non-toxic and encourage self-healing. The natural therapies or treatments for head neck cancer are usually supportive treatment strategies that are used along with the standard therapies of radiation or chemotherapy to either reduce the impact of the side effects caused by those treatment options or to enhance the quality of life of the cancer patient.
Here are a few natural treatment options that are considered for dealing with head neck cancer:
- Herbal teas and extracts including green tea extract
- Use of dietary supplements that have an abundance of vitamins, minerals and amino acids
- Low doses of plant extracts and minerals given in the form of homeopathic medicine
- Physical therapy that includes different types of exercises
- Lifestyle changes such as quitting smoking, adopting stress reduction techniques and consuming nutritional supplements to boost the immune system
- Acupuncture to help ease off the side effects of radiation and chemotherapy such as nausea, insomnia or vomiting
The above natural head neck cancer treatment options are most effective when the cancer is detected at a very early stage.